Here we are start of the fall season. Normally in my first article I write up a little about every team in every division. I’m not doing that this time around. I’m going to write one article this week for the entire league. I dislocated my shoulder on Sunday so it is difficult to type. No one needs to worry, I will still be there telling everyone how it is and yes I’m still playing. If I was able to play the same day it happened, I will definitely play next week since my team has a bye.
For the fall season we have three divisions again. In the spring season we had Outlaws winning division one with a last play bat down by Smuda. Division two had Red Raiders winning on the last play of the game with a double half back pass. Division three was a blowout by the Ninja Turtles.
This season we only have five division one teams, it is down from spring, but it should be more competitive since teams are closer is skill.
- Outlaws are back and have what looks to be the strongest roster in the division by far. It will be interesting to see who is able to give them a run for their money.
- Trollers are looking to fill out their roster with a few key guys leaving.
- Revolucion are back but they are always up in the air as to how they will finish.
- Bitter Boys are back with what looks like the same roster and will be able to compete with most if not all the teams.
- Henchmen are back with a few guys from last season and who knows who else.
Week 1 Picks & Why
Revolucion vs Outlaws
Outlaws have a top roster from top to bottom and unless Revolucion found someone else to throw it will be Raph and he isn’t the same guy as years ago. That is why Outlaws will walk all over Revolucion on the way to try and repeat.
Bitter Boys vs Henchmen
I picked Bitter Boys since they came on really strong at the end of last season. Jon will be throwing for Henchmen so there is no real need to worry about the deep ball. Bitter Boys also have Guilliaume who is one of the top players in the division.
For the fall season we have a total of eleven teams with most of them coming back from last season.
- Raccoons are back with a solid defense. The bigger question is who is throwing for them.
- D#Nasty is back with the same roster looking to avenge last seasons early playoff loss.
- Old School is back with pretty much the same roster adding Adam which might mean Dahic can go back to playing receiver, which makes them that much better.
- Joey’s Haters has some really good division one players on it and depending on who else they get they could be very dangerous.
- Dawgs have four guys on the roster at the moment. One of them is a QB so they don’t have to worry like last season and they also have a stud in Max. (ed’s note: They are already at 7 players!)
- Space Apes are back with their same roster so they will be a solid team. It will come down to how Charles plays at QB. (ed’s note: It’s a very different roster! Mix of Space Apes and 7th Rounders. Very strong team!)
- Deep Threats are back after taking a season off. I just hope that they learned last time that you can’t win games just going deep even if you have Svetna there.
- Iron Wolves what can I say that won’t make the editor add some stuff to make his team look better. Jon is the greatest QB of all time (ed’s note: finally, some sense!). That should make him skip over this next part. Iron Wolves are an average team there is no one that stands out to me. (ed’s note: I sort of tuned out after the greatest QB of all time comment, but I’m sure everything else Kevin said was glowing admiration of me and the team)
- Petit Phoques is a team made up of a few Gros Coqs that couldn’t handle division one anymore so they decided to try division two. No really, with the few guys I do know they should have no problem winning a few games, it comes down to who will throw and how are all the new players they brought in to play with them. (ed’s note: I think Vince is throwing)
- Nice TDs are back with the exact same roster. From what I was hearing last weekend they have a new QB in Demario. I have never seen him throw, supposedly QB is his natural position. Guess we need to wait and see how that goes and if he shows up to games.
- Centurions are back and this time looking to win the title. Last season they had the best defense in the division and they look to improve on that. The offense got better every week and Guillaume will try to improve over last season.
This is going to be the best division in the league and anyone will be able to win any week.
Week 1 Picks & Why
Petit Phoques vs D#Nasty
D#Nasty will win this one since there are too many unknowns about Petit Phoques. Not saying it will be a blowout I just don’t know enough about Petit Phoques to put my reputation on the line. Plus Dom makes me think too much about how to spell his team names, next time pick something a little more simple.
Raccoons vs Iron Wolves
Iron wolves were picked because of the QB. You have Jon the great vs who knows. I really think the Raccoons have the better team, just not sure of QB situation.
Centurions vs Deep Threats
This was an easy one for me to pick. Defense Defense Defense. Deep Threats will have to work for everything they get and deep passes won’t work plus this will be their first game in a while. That is why I picked Centurions to win.
Nice TDs vs Dawgs
I loved Dawgs last season all they needed was a QB. This year they have one so things should be different. I still think Nice TDs will win since they have more Chemistry.
Centurions vs Old School
I really like Centurions and what they did last season. Old School in the week off made a huge pick up in Adam. He is a solid defender and if he is playing QB then that means Dahic can go back to being a receiver. Even if he doesn’t that gives them another weapon on offense.
Those are my picks for the week.
This season we only have five teams with four coming back and the fifth being a combination of a few players from different teams last season. This division will be more competitive than last season. There is still the chance of a few blowouts though.
- Guillaume & Lakshmi is the newly formed team. So not much is known about them except they might have the best rusher in the division in Matt. It will take a few games for them to get rolling, you have to crawl before you walk.
- Les Beatues. Last season they didn’t have a QB and kept trying new guys almost every week I hope that it isn’t more of the same this season. Last season they had a hard time as any team would without a QB. I am not sure who it will be this season so it could end up as more of the same like last season. (ed’s note: I believe Brian Tinning is taking the reins at QB)
- Thunder Buddies lost Dave their best receiver and defender. That is fine as he was too strong for the division anyways. They have brought in Charles from Space Apes to replace him and he should be a good fix for them.
- Gold Rush came back and should be sporting the Gold Pinnies again. They have a lot of solid players on this roster. I wonder if Nick will be throwing again this season. Last season they didn’t have problems on offense it was that they had no defense. Come see me before or after your game I have something that can help you with that. (ed’s note: Steroids. It’s going to be steroids)
- Mustard Tigers came back for another season. I hope Brian enjoyed his trip to Europe. This is a very good team from top to bottom and when the season ends I can see them playing for the title. What bothers me about this team is that I wasn’t asked to join, now I’m going to look like a liar to my family when we don’t go to Disney. Thanks a lot guys and girls I’m picking against you all season and that includes your bye week.
Week 1 Picks & Why
Guillaume & Lakshmi vs Beautes
I picked them because of Matt. Without knowing who will be playing QB for Beautes I have to figure Matt will do what he does and eat QBs for lunch.
Gold Rush vs Thunder Buddies
Thunder Buddies have way too much experience to lose this one. Terry will run whenever he wants to in this one. I just think that there are too many weapons for Gold Rush to stop.
Mustard Tigers vs The Bye
The Bye week is going to knock a few of the Mustard Tigers out so that they won’t be able to make it the following week where I will pick them to lose again.
So we are about to start another ten weeks of football which could turn into being twelve weeks if you happen to make it to the finals. So you all know, don’t do what I did and get hurt in a meaningless game on the day you have two finals and can only play in one of them. You aren’t me and probably can’t deal with the same amount of pain as I can, so play safe and try not to get hurt. I will do to you what my other league wouldn’t and drag you off to the sideline and keep playing. We are on a schedule and it needs to be kept. Just so you know we won’t drag you off that’s why we have extra cones you will become out of bounds. No I’m just joking we will take all precautions to make sure you are ok and not seriously hurt. Best of luck to everyone out there. Remember right now you are all undefeated after Saturday not all of you will be able to say that. So go ball out and have fun. (ed’s note from Kevin: Jon is the greatest QB of all time)